Sunday 17 January 2010

What a difference a week makes !


We have at last seen the melting of the snow & on Friday my garden finally reemerged from 15 days of snow cover. Not much in comparison to those parts of the world that freeze for months on end - but the longest I have ever experienced !!Never thought I would be so glad to see heavy rain - but after 3 years complaining about the rain in Wales it was fabulous to see it defeat the snow & the roads & pavements become safe again ! Now we just have to wait to see which of our plants have survived the freezing temperatures & the snow .. that won't become clear for a few weeks I think.

We finally got to swim - yippee! And a walk in the Botanic Gardens where I saw my first snowdrops of the year - and even a few daffodils about to break bud. How miraculous that all that was waiting under the snow !

No time for crafting this week - but have prepared a project kit to make a mini book of our trip to Pembrokeshire last September - for when I get a creative slot come up !

No comments:

Post a Comment