Tuesday 10 December 2013

WOYWW - Christmas Catch Up !

Hi
Many thanks to everyone who left a kind message for me after my accident last week - sorry I didn't get to visit as many desks as I would have liked but I was laid up pretty much for the whole week in a haze of painkillers & bruises !
Happily all is on the mend now -so the weekend was a frantic Christmas catch up !
I had a frenzy of wrapping to do, as I am meeting my side of the family this coming weekend to swap presents because we won't be together over Christmas :(
Then we had Christmas shopping to do plus putting up the Christmas Tree & decorating the house to look Christmassy as we are entertaining my "in laws" this year.
So a collection of Christmas clutter on the desk this week !


The one thing I have tried to keep up with is my daily Journal Your Christmas for 2013 - I have found that the secret to keeping to a daily schedule of journal pages is preparation !

So at the beginning of the month I had cut a lot of pages to 8"x8" (down from 12"x12"scrapbooking papers) which is my favourite size to work on for this project, then I cut a lot of Project Life sized cards from the off cuts - so I have them right on hand to journal before I go to sleep each night.
I find if I can just get the words down on paper each day, I can always catch up with photos or some relevant embellishments or stamping etc later on !!
I have some lovely Christmas stamps this year & would love to add some extra little crafted bits but time isn't on my side ! So only this one so far !















So here are a few Christmas cards I can now show as they are safely posted & with their intended recipients !
How cute are these guys from Lilli of the Valley !

These are Chloe's stamps - embossed with WOW Vintage Jade sparkling embossing powder - my favourite of this year - you can't see it very well in this photo but it a lovely colour & so sparkly !

 I liked the effect Jo Firth Young had done with this stamp of her's - stamp onto three types of papers - then cut & reconstruct the piles of presents with the different papers - a bit of red Stickles & voila !

This card was using a wooden embellishment plus some Christmasy ribbon !

Also here is my Scrapclub Secret Santa entry - Lynda gave us all a mini canvas and we each created a Christmas themed mini project which we then wrapped up, put in the centre of the table & each selected one as our gift !















And this month it was Lynda's turn in our ABC ATC challenge she had C - so here is her lovely vintage Christmas style ATC for December - great isn't it !

Have a great week & I hope your Christmas preparations are all serenely underway with no stressing for you ! Love Ali x

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with your JYC. I am having trouble remembering to scribble down my daily doings on each inch square bit of paper in my journal calendar. Oh well....
    Hugs Lynda x #36

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never!! So glad you're better after all your woes last week. Your Christmassy artworks are lovely, the piles of presents card is my favourite! Hope all the entertaining goes well :-)
    LLJ 43 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, glad to hear you are recovering well. Email me about your upcoming trip. We can chat about it then. Love all the inspiration on this post. Lots going on in you world that's for sure. Off I go for now....don't forget...email me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dearie, so glad to hear you are recovering. Please carry a flashlight with you now that it gets dark so early. That car park should have better lighting. I would tell them, too. Now on to today's business...lovely cards! I especially love the houses! Are those stampotique?Thanks for the earlier visit! WOYWW hugs! Nan G #69

    ReplyDelete
  5. Falls aren't good are they, glad you are on the mend too. Adore the 3 little houses card. Thanks for the visit BJ#37

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated WOYWW, Ali! I'm so sorry to read about your fall. I've done that and know how scary it can be to be up one minute and do a face plant the next! I'm glad to hear you have mended! Your Christmas cards are outstanding, and so is Lynda's ATC. That was a fun share! Enjoy the rest of your week! Hugs, Darnell #22

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many sweet Christmas cards!
    A belated return visit from WOYWW #78

    ReplyDelete