Tuesday 20 October 2015

WOYWW Scandi Stitching !

Back home safe & sound from working at the trade fair in Cologne ... five long, foot-weary & hectic days !
The trade show is the biggest in the world - and has visitors from all over the world - the whole city is a buzz with foodie types from every continent !

Having worked 11 days straight it was lovely to have Friday off as a lieu day & create a long weekend.


I was in tidy mode and spent a happy couple of hours being fairly ruthless in my craft room drawers ! I dumped things that were too old to ever see the light of day again, donated some better stuff to the charity shop and now actually know what I have in my stash !
Only two more sets of drawers & a huge cupboard to tidy next - that will be this winter's project !

Tidy urge satisfied, I set about making up the Scandi-style topper quilt.

I had really forgotten just quite how much maths is involved in designing a quilt !

Working out block sizes, layouts and border widths was a good workout for the little grey cells !

So my work-desk this week is my quilt cupboard - a cascade of red & white !!


Here's the progress so far !
















And just to keep the Scandi theme going here are some of the Advent Stockings in the same fabric theme ...
One down ... 23 to go !

Have a great crafty week ! Ali x 

  

14 comments:

  1. Very impressed with the quilt and stocking! The trade show sounds huge work but glad you got a day off to recover - not sure I'd have spent it tidying but that's just me!! Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello super quilt and stocking! Hmmm tidying - what I should be doing instead of visiting desks - much more fun though! Anne x #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello super quilt and stocking! Hmmm tidying - what I should be doing instead of visiting desks - much more fun though! Anne x #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm in love with your quilt! How beautiful! I've never done quilting but it is on my list of things to try. There is a quilter shop here in our little town and they do classes. I've made a cushion and loved doing that. But I only attempt one new thing a year. I have started drawing lessons locally so quilting will have to wait until next year.
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grey cells really have had a workout, I am sure it will go together beautifully. 24 stockings? Can I have the one with 19 on- it's my birthday. Jackie x #23

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful week you have had -I've always thought that working away from home is never as dull as working the old 9-5.
    Love the quilt & stocking colours.
    Have a good week
    Christine

    Bishopsmate #39

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the patchwork quilt, it's going to be super when complete. The trade fair looks amazing but I bet you are glad of the rest now. Happy crafting and have a great woyww, Angela x 24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy WOYWW. Had a quick look through your blog and you are SO BUSY!!! Making me tired just reading it. Portugal looked wonderful. That is one country on our wish list. Loving the quilt and stocking. My sewing machine is officially in pause at the moment - not used it for about a year! Ali x #37

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt and the stocking you are making!

    Greetings, Sofie #56
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow loving your makes so clever. Take care Zo xx 44

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Scandi themed sewing!! You haven't chosen an easy quilt to sew, but it's very effective :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty pieces. Love the quilt progress. Purging is good for the soul. Creative Blessings! Kelly #47

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Stitching Ali, can't wait to see the finished project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh you are very busy and it all lokks great! Soojay 19 x

    ReplyDelete