Wednesday 22 September 2010

WOYWW - Packed for Crafting !





Today I am showing my desk but also my bag - packed ready for a painty evening at my local Scrapbook Club where we are making canvasses with pictures - I've done canvasses with stamping before but not used any photos - so not sure how it's going to go but should be fun anyway !

On my desk are my Learn Something New pages - day 21 yesterday and I'm keeping up !! On the other photo balanced on my trusty printer is the box I put together of pages, dates pre-stamped & black & white papers with brightly coloured stick on letters - its made a massive difference to keeping up just to have a set box of stash to dip into & the colours/ stash all defined. As someone who (maybe!!) has so much stash it's hard to know where to start - this has been a brilliant discipline & I've really enjoyed the challenge of making the book from that pre-decided collection. I think I'd take this approach again if I get "terrifying blank page & ideas deserted me " syndrome !!

You can see my wooden case I altered with Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante papers & the dress for I made traced from a chipboard shape & then the new Cuttlebug cogs folder with Vivagold smudged over to highlight it ! I did get a couple of extra dress form stamps (they just leapt into my basket at LB Crafts!) which I didn't use but I have papers left so I think I'll make another little project with them !

Well have a great Wednesday everyone ! See you next week when sadly I shall be another year older ! Birthday next Tuesday - trying to tactically ignore the date looming on the calendar !!






22 comments:

  1. Have a great birthday next Tuesday. You can never have too much stash. (19)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your space with us happy WOYWW and have a good birthday lv Liz (24)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love that wooden box, keep seeing the G45 papers and not sure how much longer I can hold out, lol! Helen (46)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fab time at the painting party.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful box! Happy WOYWW have fun painting :)

    Sarah (57)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya
    great box,have a great painty evening, look forward to seeing what you do, Happy Birthday for Tuesday, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (3)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All packed up and ready to go. We must have a peep at the finished canvasses.
    Lovely work space!
    Have a great week
    sue xx 8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like its going to be interesting - please show them on here once your'e done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY a few days early.

    Second, I love that box on your desk. Beautiful and no pink anywhere (grin).

    Third, I am not a scrapbooker, but I have fallen in love with Graphic 45. Their designs really inspire me. Every group/set has something I like. I have yet to see the steampunk series. Love what you are doing, though. Happy WOYWW from # 2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy, busy desk Ali, love that altered box. It's odd isn't it, I often get accosted by stamps and supplies too, can't figure it out, it doesn't happen in the grocery store!

    Hugs
    Brenda (88)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great birthday and enjoy the club evening. Love the box. Pam (6)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of fun supplies! OH and happy early birthday! Hope your day will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all the craftyness, can I come too!?? Have a great woyww
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  14. your work is lovely and I hope you had fun on your scrap night

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow i love that box - those stamps are fabulous too. Nice to see that you have kept up with LSNED - I got to day 10 and havent completed any since but I will catch up soon! thanks for sharing and enjoy the crop. Sunshine Girl (28)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday for next Tuesday. Must check back to see what this LSND is all about. Thanks for sharing - love that box!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you have a wonderful birthday when it comes next week! thanks for sharing your space with us, i love your altered box, it looks wonderful!
    Hope you had a great WOYWW and hope you have a great week!
    hugs
    Michelle
    x
    #49

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Quick visit Hugs Candace #43

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Love Love the stamp sets on your desk! You made some really beautiful stuff. Can't wait to see more.. And Happy Birthday next week.. Hugs

    Shirley Pumpkin #129

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ali, Hope you have a lovely birthday next week, go and enjoy. Your artwork is really wonderful and creative. You have some lovely stamps and I know you cannot resist the stamps from LB Crafts I will be making my way to them at Ally Pally as soon as I get through the doors! Thanks for the snoop. Hugs JO.xxxNo.27

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you had a great time at Scrapbook club and have a fab day on Tuesday.

    Happy Birthday
    A.xx (38)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally agree with you - I choked on the Journal Your Christmas last year because I hadn't prepared in advance and simply didn't have to time to faff over page design and journalling every day. Love the images on the case in the middle pic; hope you enjoyed the canvas with photos session.

    ReplyDelete