Tuesday, 15 March 2011

WOYWW - All sorts going on this week !





Lots happening on the desk this week ! Running from the left - lovely, yummy My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found" papers - all cream, eau de nil, soft pinks & chocolate - with a bit of glittery chocolate thrown in - think it's going to be one of those paper collections that you have to take a deep breath to cut into & use - rather than just admiring & stroking them !!
Then some pages in my art journal drying ready to journal on & a page I made about how I look forward to a lie in all week & then at the weekend I can never lie in because my mind keeps running over & over & over "stuff" - work, family, hopes & worries, random tunes ... just stuff that won't let me be !!
Then I have a canvas I am working on .. I saw these Art doll Sculpy moulds in Hobbycrafts on Saturday & really thought they would be fun .. I felt the large pointy face would make a great basis for a "Jack In The Green" - the symbol of Spring & the moon type face with her eyes shut made me think of Summer, slumbering - waiting for her time to arrive .. it'll be interesting to see if I can get what's in my head to come out onto the canvas.
And then on the right the mini-book I have made about my Tim Holtz class ...



16 comments:

  1. Ooh you're busy Ali - buzzing with ideas. Love the journal pages, they'll be such a pleasure to write in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Lots of stuff on your desk today. You are very busy here! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #52

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely projects on your desk and I love those 'Lost & Found' PP's. Gorgeous journal pages & I like the faces that you have made with the moulds - a very creative desk!!
    Have a great WOYWW,
    Karen #73

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your workspace - your journal pages look fab - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your desk area this week lots of creativity going on.Happy wednesday have fun!
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow so much going on ! very creative. I just love those papers - will have to keep my eye out for those.
    Happy WOYWW
    Rebecca (45)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all those papers too. Not sure I could bare to use any either!!! Your masks look very interesting. Hadn't realised you could get them in Hobbycrafts. I think a trip into town is called for.
    Hugs Mrs A. #57

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness Ali, no wonder you can't lie in with all that lot going on! I don't think I'd be able to sleep at all - lol. It's great though isn't it!

    Thanks for already stopping by my desk today.

    Sherry x (158)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the papers... Look forward to seeing book of the class when it's done... The double spread below is fab.. What a great day it was eh
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great things happening on your desk. I like seeing all the creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having a really busy week but am quickly dropping by to make sure all our WOYWW friends get the chance to win the last of our weekly draws before the BIG one over in our blog shop. Pop over and join in the fun. Good luck.
    Hugs,
    A x
    http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh those papers are beautiful. They are a work all on their own. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Papers are fab, and I love those Art Moulds- a visit to Hobbycrafts coming up, I think. Shaz #148

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved your post. Have never tried art moulds, sounds like another addiction coming up! Can't wait to see what's on your lovely desk next week.
    Vicki #171 A little inkling

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those faces are great, and you are right about them being perfect for thatproject. I have never tried that technique. The only modelling I have ever done is with plaster of paris moulds when I was very much younger. They seemed so magical, the way the plaster gave off so much heat in the process. I do remember one mould which seriously shows my age - Hopalong Cassidy on his horse. I do not think any of my models survived the passage of time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been a busy lady! Those papers are fab! and the faces, well, I can think of a 100 ways to use them, so definately great!
    Happy belated WOYWW

    ReplyDelete