Tuesday 12 June 2012

WOYWW - Letter From America ?

Hi there - well not a letter but a parcel !
I have signed up for some craft & art courses with www.joggles.com - one of which is making a figure called The Elusive Butterfly - never done this type of doll making before (only Tilda type soft toys) but this looked so serene on the website - it just caught my eye !
I ordered the doll making kit you can see in the plastic bag in the middle of my workdesk on the 1st June & it arrived yesterday - thought that was good coming snail mail from Rhode Island to Wales !
So not sure when I'll have the time to have a go making it up but as long as I have the instructions
downloaded I can go at my own pace !

On the left at the back of the desk is a funny little cloth figure I bought too - a couple of dollars to make up the minimum order - so I'm thinking there's an Art Doll looming too !!

To the left at the bottom you can see some of the photos I have managed to gather for the scrapbook for my mother-in-laws 80th birthday - its been hard to get photos of her life & keep it a secret !! Also a little Owl - he's a magnifying glass - great for us old crocks can wear round our neck to look at small details when even the reading glasses or varifocals let us down !!

In the middle is Dad's card for Father's Day - written & ready to post to be sure to arrive by Sunday !

And finally on the right my subscription copy of Simply Homemade arrived yesterday - love the free Emma Ball papers & stamps - they will be fun for scrapping our seaside holiday in Cornwall in August - I really like her quirky sea-side images & the papers are bright happy summer colours (so even if the weather ends up as rubbish as this week I can feel upbeat !!)

Well hope you all have a happy crafty week & looking forward to seeing your workdesks too !

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful creative space.

    Happy WOYWW

    Zoe #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects sound like fun - I am wishing you the time to get going with them this week! WOYWW Hugs from Helen 14

    ReplyDelete
  3. plenty to keep you busy :)
    have a fab crafty week
    kay #25

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pre-made doll made me smile. He totally makes me think of those guys in white from the Star Wars movie (storm troopers?). He also is a he in my mind but I'm sure you can girly him up if that's your plan. Good luck with your new doll project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh ALi, you've got it all going on...another one moving into fabric crafts as well, how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have to keep us updated on the doll's progress! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many interesting things on your desk this week. would love to see the finished doll.
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't sew to save my life and I can't wait to see how your doll turns out, I have never made one so I will stay tuned. Amazing the postal system now, how fast things can travel around the world.

    Have a great crafting week
    Eliza #65
    www.queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au

    Please use this link when replying or the stamping ground blog link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i enjoyed my visit to your blog today, including many of your previous posts. so much inspiration to see! i would love to make an art doll. but i guess i have to finish my current projects first!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see lots of inspiration here and am so glad you visited me, so that I would be sure to see your scrapbooking, space and more and you got something from Rhode Island, too! That's my state! Nice to meet you, ALi! Dawn @ Beneath The Surface: Breath of Faith

    ReplyDelete