Saturday 21 July 2012

Love Shack Challenge (PS Can it be Blue Sky ?)

Now don't faint with shock but we have actually had a sunny day - had to blog this photo just to remind myself in future weeks when the rain is hammering down again !

This post is really about finishing my challenge project - Jan & I pulled out 2 ideas from our respective "ideas pots" & we have to incorporate these to form our little Anglo-Spanish challenge - this first time it was a combo of "use an embossing folder" & "inspired by a song" - so my effort is inspired by "Love Shack" by favourite sing along when no-one can hear me - very helpful therapy after a day being wound up at work !
The main body of the house is made from two pieces cut down from a hearts embossing folder run through my Cuttlebug, I have layered this using foam pads & cut a door in the front panel so you can peek inside. The roof is an upsidedown die cut heart, run through in a script folder - and the pole of the sign is an off cut of this. The cloud was done by free hand cutting a cloud mask & then inking around it - have seen this done at the Craft Shows by not tried it before ! The pieces are Distress Inked using a paint brush & a bit of stamping to finish it off !

Also did my August pages for my Book Of Days this morning - have family coming next weekend so knew I needed to get ahead !


3 comments:

  1. That tag is just fabulous, we'd love to take a peek inside. What a clever idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, just about to put my Challenge up for ¨oh I do like to be beside the seaside¨
    So pleased youve seen the sun at last.
    Just been on the paseo, chock a block down there, scorchio again today, did spot one cloud though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty page! I like how you made the house

    ReplyDelete