Tuesday 5 November 2013

WOYWW - It's an Ill Gale ...

Well the weekend again decided to throw every type of weather at us - but Saturday was especially wild here in West Wales - so after a quick trip into the city for food shopping - I spent the rest of a happy day crafting at my trusty workdesk !

One of these days I will have to look up "housework" in the dictionary, but whilst I can still feign ignorance not much gets done when my craft desk is calling !!
So I have quite a few things to show you this week !

Last week I told you about the Alphabet ATC Challenge that Lynda (check her out at her Sparks of Art Blog !) and I have set ourselves.
Lynda had done A - so it was my turn with B!

Being an indecisive Libra - I was torn between doing something for Bonfire Night and enjoying a bit of Hallowe'en - so here's a second one I have made called Boo !

















When we went to Manchester I fell in love with this Woodland Creatures paper - so I turned to my big Dylusions Journal - for once the size was perfect so I could leave the paper intact !

I took on the woodland theme with a quote from the poet Robert Frost that I had tucked in the back of my memory from my long distant school-days !
"The Woods Are Lovely, Wild & Deep, But I Have Promises to Keep & Miles to Go Before I Sleep".
On the tag I brayered the background & did several stencils to build up the leafy & tree images.

Then I had a go at decorating the Sleigh I bought a few weeks ago.

I had remembered I had this striped paper somewhere in the depths of my scrapping stash ! So after much rummaging I dug it out !

I drew round the sleigh to make templates to cut the internal & external panels.

The inside sides of the sleigh were too difficult to draw round so I used bronze Crocco on these & painted the runners with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Paint.


I also remembered I had this copper tape which I have used to edge the body of the sleigh. Then dug out these reindeer - they need more work but I plan to add them in due course !!








A couple of weeks ago I found that my Much Beloved had thrown these 2 charity coasters into the recycling - so I did a bit of recycling of my own !

They are decorated with Finnabair papers & stickers then I added a couple of coats of Glossy Accents to seal them ... just in case a drip escapes from my G&T with ice & slice !!










So what about the desk right now ?



I slipped into Hobbycraft on the way back from the city on Saturday as my birthday gift voucher was burning a hole in my pocket !

I had really enjoyed stitching the Seaside Girl from Tilda & was delighted to find the Christmas Ice Skating Angel kit - should be a fun winter project !








Also on the desk is my Junk Journal - with one last project from the weekend.

I had a big tidy up of my stamps & found these poppy stamps again & dug out a poppy stencil for the background. With Remembrance Day next week I wanted to make a page to honour my Great Grandfather, Thomas Blackman who died in Flanders in 1915.  Here's my remembrance to him.









Just before I go ..
Tomorrow night we are going to have a Gelli Plate play night at our Scrap Club - so here's the bag packed ready to go !!


Have a great week !
Love Ali xxx


12 comments:

  1. Wow Ali some lovely projects this week. I love them all especially your journal pages. I wish
    I didn't know the meaning of housework either but the dog keeps reminding me!
    Hugs Lynda X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely things on show this week but my favourite is the poppy tribute to your Great Grandfather...really heartfelt and beautiful.
    Looking forward to meeting up with you and Lynda next week...The Sandpiper won't know what's hit it!! Lol @-)
    HUgs, LLJ 58 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow to all of your makes but the tribute page is really special. By the way, don't look up housework, it just means do more craft ;)

    The bears #70

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a busy, crafty desk! Glad you survived the atrocious weather at the weekend. Great journal pages and I love the Tilda doll. Hugs. Pam#37

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW is right! My, you have been one busy gal! ALL are great works.
    Krisha #30

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one busy lady. Your work is fantastic. I love the sleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali,

    Wow - you've been busy! I've been collecting paper coasters at restaurants to make mini albums - but have I done it yet!? Does this make me a hoarder?

    Thanks for sharing all your projects.

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (5)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So busy!! Love your projects. Helen 7

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy WOYWW. What an amazing selection of fab projects. Unfortunately, our large house (which houses 2 dogs, 1 cat and farmer hubby!) and all of the animals outside force me to come out of my craft room far too often. It takes me ages just to make 1 card. I managed 3 today. Ali x #55

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, you're really getting on with stuff! so enjoyed seeing what you've been working on..love the sleigh, such a great idea. nd super impressed that you're packed and ready for group so well in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects! :)

    Hope you´ll have a very cozy weekend!
    Susan nr 101 WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny how those vouchers burn holes in our pockets...nice choice of doll there. I also like your page in honour of your great grandfather. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete