Wednesday 25 August 2010

WOYWW - New stash !


Hi there - hope everyone well & enjoying their Wednesday - severe weather warning out for Wales this afternoon - gales & lashing rain. In August. Great ! Just working up to a typical rain soaked British Bank Holiday Weekend I suppose !!

Anyway, I have new stash to play with so I can huddle at home & stoically ignore the weather outside !

On my desk this morning are my new yummy papers - bought at Paperarts in Stroud at the weekend. Nice little shop with mainly scrapping stuff - but I was completely ignored until I got to the till - I don't like to be "pounced on" by staff demanding to know what I want when I'm just in for a brouse in a shop, but a Hi, Good Morning or even just a smile of welcome would be nice! Or is that just me ?

Anyway - have some nice new papers & hope to use them in my Learn Something New Everyday class next month. I have the last 2 distress inks I wanted to have the whole set ! I've made little cards with a big smudge of colour on them & the name of the pad. I'm going to decorate a couple of chip-board covers to make it into a swatch book so I can refer to it as I'm crafting & get just the colour I have in my head !!

I have me new Visual Chronicles book about art journalling - bargin at £3.99 in TK Max (over £20 on Amazon so I felt smug at finding it !) - hoping to start some of the ideas in it this weekend too. DH is off to football for the day Saturday & I have a thousand plans for my free day - I need it to be about 72 hours in the one day !!

Anyway looking forward to seeing everyone's desk tonight when I get back from Scrap-Club - but visiting everyone might be plan 1001 for Saturday !! Have a happy crafty Wednesday !

22 comments:

  1. FAB stash, have fun playing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, yummy new stash.. loving those papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. with stash like that, I'd be ignoring the weather outside even if it was blazing sunshine! Happy playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ya
    oh gorgeous new stash to play with, least when the weather is crap im happy to stay in n play!! With you on manners in a shop, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like a shop that will let you browse at your own speed too. If they crowd me I tend to walk out :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stash and yummy papers. I too share your feelings re the shop service. It certainly won't make you go back in a rush.
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great desk lovely journal, I found some lovely crafting bargins in my local TXMAX the other day too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy playing with your new goodies babe :)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Wonderful stash! So deliciously delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely desk lots to see, weren't you the lucky one at TKMAX. My sister goes there and she said in Croydon they have a fantastic part with lots of craft stuff etc. I'll have to make a trip, it seems a lot of TKMAX's have craft goodies. Enjoy your stash, hope to see what you make. Big Hugs JO.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Ali

    gorgeous new stash! it is still pouring down here in london fabbbbbby weather not

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I love new stash, I love getting parcels don't like the bill spend far to much
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what I can see of the new paper stash, especially the bird cages. Ith as been raining here for I think 5 days. This morning looked like it was clearning and then around noon in came the heavy rain, thundering, and lightening. Lightening hit one of the transformer and knocked everything out for a few seconds. Thank goodness it didn't go out and stay out. My mini-Dachs hears thunder all the time, but this one was too much. She had to be in my lap and held very close, she just couldn't stop shaking. Well it is hurrican and rainy season here so guess it goes with the territory.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to work in a scrapbook store for five years (my favorite job!). We usually let customers browse, but greetings and smiles were a must!!! And we also asked customers after a few minutes of browsing whether they needed some help, and if not we let them alone. I hate it when customers are completely ignored!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow - I'm SOOO going into TK Maxx tomorrow, lol! And you're right about the ignoring thing. The owners of my LSS know my face now so they say hello, but I've seen other customers come in, who don't know what they're looking for and could do with a hand, and they don't get much help at all. Not the way I'd run a craft shop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh yummy new stash! Enjoy playing! Have a great week
    hugs
    Michelle
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wonderful stash you have there have fun,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't believe you now have all the distress ink colors. Lucky YOU. Have a great bank holiday playing with all that lovely stash. Happy belated WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorjuss desk there, so much going on, well done on finding a bargin like that

    hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree pouncing is a no no , but after an initial browse and 'first pass' selection of stash reinforcements I like a bit of chat and crafty conversation - if I get it I always buy more - if not I pay up and leave...

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous new stash, and yes, agree with all the above! Nice person in craft shop, you are bound to buy more! and more and go back and buy more... Have a great woyww
    sorry I'm late!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Ali,
    Have a fab 'free' day on Saturday with your scrummy new stash!

    If I can get rid of my guys I will be doing the same.
    xx

    ReplyDelete