Thursday 20 June 2013

Summer of Colour- Hot Pink & Orange

Hi
The challenge colours for Week Two of the Summer of Colour Challenge are Hot Pink & Orange - a super zingy combination !!

So my first entry for this week is a page in my Journal - I have had this stamp set quite a while - can't recall which designer it is from - but I have nicknamed him the Quirky Bird and he always makes my smile !

I think sometimes I am a pretty Quirky Bird myself - so today's Journal page is celebrating that with a little poem I wrote & my "makes me happy" Quirky Bird on a background of Dylusions pink & orange inks.
I have been rather down of late so making a happy page has been good for my spirits !

I was drifting round the garden last night, checking my plants (and having an encouraging word with them !!) - when I realised I had those very colours out there.

So early this morning - before the forecasted deluge arrived here in West Wales - I had a quick dash round the garden with my camera - and here's this weeks very colours in full bloom (or leaf in the case of the Heucheras !!)

Looking forward to seeing everyones interpretation of this weeks colours !

Click on the button on the side bar of my blog if you want to join in !
Ali x

16 comments:

  1. Hi Ali! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your pink and orange quirky bird page! Those dylusions inks are so vibrant! I love love love your poem too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and happy page you made!! I love that you have these gorgeous colors in your garden, thanks for sharing this with us. I also found these colors around my house and added them into my projects for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos! I love how you made your collage. And wow! Your bird page is so amazing - very creative and beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute poem, quirky bird, glorious and happy pages! Love this and your garden photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos, dear Ali and wonderful journal pages! I love how you used this colors with a bird and a poem. So absolutely lovely - hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Ali ... I am in ecstasy looking at your gorgeous garden!!. What a wonderful collection of flowers, enjoyed it so much. And I love the quirky bird, she is so confident & walking tall in the garden ... possibly enjoying a good weather!. Pretty & energetic pages :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous journal pages with the Quirky Bird and the flower montage is super too. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally in love with your Quirky Bird. So fun, bright and of course quirky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both the page as well as your garden mosaic make me smile... it is indeed a good color-combo to work with when you're feeling a bit down... (speaking from experience, as I have been there too lately...) Thanks for your visit to my blog the other day. Happy solstice and happy ~ belated ~ woyww. Keep on rockin' and a hug from Holland, Marit #70

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice art journal pages! And nice photograph-mosaic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling happy page - your quirky bird makes me smile! Gorgeous pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your little quirky bird. Your page and the birdy made me smile =).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink and orange only need a little purple to reach perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous stamp, and I loved seeing your flower photos. Your garden must be incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your quirky bird page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Ali I'm so happy to hear your feeling brighter it shows what a gorgeous page the colors a beautiful,I like your a quicky bird, I'm a funny bird myself:O). Your garden is lovely, I live in an apartment so no backyard for me, so thanks for sharing you pages and your garden..

    ReplyDelete