Tuesday 15 October 2013

WOYWW - We've Turned Into Junkies !!

Well I was missing in action last Wednesday,as I was working on our company's exhibition stand in Anuga - the largest Food Trade Exhibition in the world - held in Cologne in Germany.

It was a completely exhausting week - I could barely put one foot in front of the other by this time last week - let alone blog !!
And I hurt in places I didn't know I had places after a week on my feet - I am strictly a desk jockey normally !

I found it amazing to be working with my colleagues from all over Europe - walking out onto the stand to hear them holding meetings in French, German, Dutch, Czech, Russian, Polish, Spanish, Italian - the list went on - was a huge buzz !

Before I set off on the Saturday morning I was determined to make sure my birthday thank you cards were in the post - so I had a concerted effort to put a few little cards together !

My DH was star & got them off in the post for me as I headed to the airport !







This Saturday after a couple of nights sleep back in my own bed I was feeling vaguely more human !
Which was great as my friend Lynda & I headed off to Wantage to the Stamp Attic for Kate Crane's Junk Journal workshop.

We were clutching a bag of junk - cardboard, old cereal boxes, envelopes, clothing tags and so on which we had been advised to collect over the previous month !

It was worth the 260 mile round trip ! Wendy - who runs the Stamp Attic check out her website here (http://www.thestampattic.co.uk/index.html) - was a smashing hostess, the workshop was fun & creative - and Kate was great in sharing her techniques & tips - and we were teasing her about being very strict about us keeping the busy workshop room neat & tidy ! !

So we had a fab day covered in gesso & paint !

And brought home our Junk Journals ready to play in !
Here's us with Kate (she's in the middle !) proudly clutching our journals !








The best part of all was having a friend to go with who enjoyed the day as much as me ! Thanks Lynda !


Have a great crafty week !
Ali x

24 comments:

  1. Ah! Julia thought she'd catch us out but she didn't! Saturday was fab, lets do it again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you doing a workshop with Kate !
    I did a weekend with her three weeks ago in Harrogate which was a ten hour round trip for my friend who took me and six hours for me .... But such a great time
    On my course was lady called sue who said she was doing your course as well I hope you all had fun
    Jackie 10
    Scrapbangwallop

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great class. Lucky you :o) Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Lynda together--what a great class that must have been for you both!

    :)trisha
    #21 this week with a
    tiny peek at a tiny make

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to make journals, Your look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wantage is only up the road from me! You could have called in for a cuppa! Next time we have a WOYWW crop, you have to come!!
    So glad you enjoyed the workshop...lovely pics of you both!
    Hugs, LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yay I've just said.... what a lovely craft shop this was! Lovely pictures too! Thank you for my snoop!! Happy Early WOYWW!!
    ((Lyn)) #27

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just seen Lyndas journal, you clearly both ahd a fabulous day. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #29 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a very busy and fun filled time. Your journals looks great! Happy WOYWW! Danie #54

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the thank you cards and the Stamp Attic workshop looks great - well worth the round trip. BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ali
    it looks like you and Lynda had a great time away making your journals from all the things you had saved up. It is always great to be able to share crafting with a friend. I have made a crafty friend who lives just round the corner from me and that friendship was formed from blog hopping.
    Happy WOYWW have an enjoyable week hugs Ria #22

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were on the course too! Just been reading all about it on Lynda's blog. Sounds like such a good day. I absolutely love your cards btw. Thanks for sharing :)
    Karen no.82 x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you with the course. Crafting is fun, but so much better with a friend. Have fun filling your journal.

    The bears #31

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun to take such a wonderful workshop with a friend after working so hard... you sure look happy on that photo! Enjoy using the journal! Happy woyww and a hug from - rainy - Holland. Marit #92

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cards are wonderful. LOVE the back ground on your blog.
    Thanks for the earlier visit
    Krisha #10

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Stamp Attic is a fantastic shop. Luckily, I only get there once a year otherwise it'd be seriously damaging to my purse!! Great workshop, love the idea of a junk journal. Hugs. Pam#68

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little cards are so pretty, and that food trade exhibit sounds so amazing. Thank you for your sweet visit. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #9

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, how lucky to be with people from so many countries during a food trade show. And of course, I saw the junk journals at Lynda's blog just now. I really hope to see more of the insides of these, since I'm into junk and scraps. Nice thank you cards, too. Happy WOYWW from #7.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, how lucky are you to be able to do that journal workshop. the finished journals look amazing. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#12)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had a great time.
    Thanks for the peek
    Great stuff
    I loved having a snoop!
    Chrissie #84

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks like you had a fab time at the workshop, thanks for sharing Donna #71

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was great to meet you Alison. I love your blog. See you in Derbyshire in November at Artist Trading Post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Belated WOYWW. No wonder you were tired after all that time on your feet. I grew up in Oxfordshire and always mean to go back to Wantage to visit the Stamping Attic. Very jealous that you get to go to a workshop. I cannot cope with long journeys now, so do not get out much. At least we have a good internet connection at home now. Ali x #96

    ReplyDelete
  24. That looks like an interesting project! I hope we get close ups so we can see it in more detail. #6

    ReplyDelete