Tuesday 1 October 2013

WOYWW Summer Over - Milestone Passed !

Well hello fellow WOYWWers !
I have been AWOL for the past 2 weeks on holiday - so no crafting to post about !
We had a lovely time out in Spain - glorious sunshine each day !
We reluctantly had to close down our little Spanish house ready to sell it which was very sad - lots of blubbing from me I'm afraid! But all our packing up, trips to the local Cancer Support charity shop, giving of things to our friends & arrangements to ship some belongings home to Wales went well & we have our fingers crossed that the sale will complete safely in a couple of week time.

My birthday celebrations went well - I managed to eek them out for a full fortnight & I enjoyed myself all round !
We held a fun lunch out with my Mum's side of the family before our holiday - with my Auntie celebrating her 80th along with me on my 50th !

When we got back from Spain Mum & I had a great day at Haguelands Farm in New Romney, Kent - meeting my sponsored Alpacas in the morning & then trekking with an Alpaca in the afternoon - they are such adorable creatures - as you know I have a huge soft spot for them !













We had a lovely pizza out with my parents and sister & her family on the Friday night - I do miss spending time like this with them living so far away !

On my birthday I had fun opening my cards & presents and we had a lovely meal out at Webbes of Rock A Nore - great fish restaurant !











I had some great cards - all displayed on my windowsill here now we are back home !

And some beautiful handmade cards - this lovely Steampunk inspired card from my friend Lynda










This lovely delicate & intricate card from my friend Jan in Spain











.. and my Auntie had this lovely card made for me too












My desk is chaos this week - too much dumped on it post holiday !!


So I even had to move a few things to my desk chair to show them to you this week !










Here are the lovely goodies that my sister, friend Lynda & DH bought (and made) me !

And the project I took to make on holiday - this is Seaside Girl - a Tilda kit I bought at Hobbycrafts - I made a few swaps & changes to the clothes designs - and I haven't had time to finish her face but I am happy how she came out.
Being a Seaside Girl myself she just called out to me !








And if this looks like a pile of junk - that's exactly what it is !
Lynda & I are going on a Junk Journal course with Kate Crane later this month & we have to collect junk !
Never a big issue for a hoarder like me !!










And I just wanted to share the gorgeous flowers that my lovely husband, parents & sister gave me for my birthday - with a Sapphire & Opal theme for my birthstones !

Anyway - its great to be back & looking forward to seeing what you have all been up to !!
Have a great week ! Ali x



13 comments:

  1. Ali,

    Belated Happy Birthday to you, love all the cards and the Alpacas it was hard to read on past them, they are so beautiful and I am such an animal person. Sound like you have been having a bundle of fun, but what better excuse to collect junk, hey honey I am doing a junk workshop LOL Have fun.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 20

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for that special 50!
    Looks like you have had a great time and those flowers are fabulous
    Jackie 40
    Scrapbangwallop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali
    A lovely newsy post this week. We have lots to catch up on!
    Hugs Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fab 50th...happy belated birthday wishes. Welcome home and hope the house sale goes through with no glitches. Hugs. Pam#41

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your desk...great things emerge from chaos like that! I enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing and for visiting mine :)
    Karen no.55 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your desk was quite the shock after all those lovely photographs. Well, we know that insanity happens on the desk from time to time and from that comes creativity. Thanks for sharing all those great cards and your seaside dolly. Have fun at your junk journal class. That truly sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 50th! It sounds like you had a lovely time, and you received some lovely things. Welcome back to WOYWW! And thank you for visiting my space. :)
    Sharon #98

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 50th! Looks like a great time was had. And your cards are gorgeous! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #84

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Lovely cards you got and the wonder presents from your DH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Wow you had a lot to catch us up on! That was so nice to see and with pictures to go right along with it! The card are all wonderful too. Welcome home and thank you for visiting me. BTW, you asked about the doodled tote. I use permanent ink so there is no need to heat set. I just have to make sure there is a board inside so the ink doesn't go through to the back. It's my favorite thing to make! You can always email me is you have any other questions. I love sharing. Happy WOYWW! Rasz #89

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday from me too, lovely Ali!
    Your post is beautiful with all your creativity, the beautiful doll, and the beautiful mood here.
    You come to Germany to Cologne? How beautiful, dear Ali, I hope you will have a wonderful time and experience many new and good impressions!
    Ich wünsche Dir eine schöne Reise und danke Dir sehr, für Deinen Besuch und Deine lieben Worte auf meinem Blog.
    Hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you used to being 50 yet Ali??? After two days, I'm slowly 'growing into the number' but it still feels odd... ah well, I'm not alone! Happy, belated, woyww and happy, much belated, birthday. Big hug from Holland. Marit #74

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated 50th! Can't believe I missed it! Sounds like a busy business trip and a wonderful time with Kate. Happy WOYWW. #70

    ReplyDelete